British Airways Faces a Record Fine - £ 183,000,000
"British Airways" will have to face a record fine - £ 183m because of a breakthrough in security systems that led to the leak of personal data.
Regulators have explained that this is the biggest financial penalty they have imposed and it is for the first time made public by the new rules that are in place.
The airline says the company is surprised and disappointed by the decision. And it is clarified that sensitive information has expired after a precise hacker attack. Because of it, the numbers of thousands of credit cards could have been vulnerable.
The breakthrough happened in late August and early September last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List