It Is Decided: The Party Subsidy Will Be BGN 1 per Vote
The deputies approved the drastic reduction in parties’ and coalitions’ state funding from BGN 11 to BGN 1 per actual vote. The change was made with the second-reading amendments to the State Budget Act, BGNES reported.
The proposal for a smaller party subsidy was submitted by the Council of Ministers, and was supported by 119 votes. deputies voted against and 16 abstained.
All present members of GERB and “Volya” voted “for” the cut of the state funding. 15 members of the MRF (DPS) also gave their support for the proposal, with only 1 vote “against”. 7 people from the United Patriots voted “for”, 1 - “against”, and 15 abstained. The parliamentary group of BSP for Bulgaria voted against the reduction of the subsidy.
According to the Ministry of Finance, the budget savings for the second half of 2019 will amount to BGN 14.6 million.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Approves the Report of Prosecutor General Geshev
- » Prosecutor General Geshev: Prosecutor’s Office is Not to Blame for All Problems in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Assembly Debating the Request for Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Health Minister Angelov - Do Not Travel to Blagoevgrad and Targovishte
- » Last Minute: Bulgaria's Leading Party GERB Changed the State of Emergency Measures Act
- » Council of Ministers: Bulgarians Must Observe the Measures, No Checkpoints Between the Cities