In Greece: Record-Breaking Heats and Road Traffic
Greece's summer heats continues. Temperatures reach 41 degrees Celsius. Heavily affected by the heat are Northern Greece, Thrace and Thessalia, the BNR reports.
Authorities constantly inform about precautions against high temperatures. A lot of water, light food, no alcohol, and a trip in the late evening hours, doctors recommend.
Hoteliers and travel agencies warn tourists to avoid walking under the sun in the dangerous lunchtime. All archeological museums are closed for visitors until 18 o'clock in the evening.
From this morning, car traffic is visibly increased across the country's road network. Together with the millions of tourists arriving for their holiday, Greeks today travel to their native places to participate in Sunday's election.
Traffic police alleviate traffic with a ban for heavy vehicles on the busiest sections. Extraordinary teams monitor traffic violations and uncompromisingly punish offenders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2019 - One of The Three Warmest Years in History
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm