European Commission Elections: Kristalina Georgieva Out, Mariya Gabriel In?
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov has said he refused the position of High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security of Bulgaria, because in that case the country would lose the position of commissioner in a real sector.
Imagine something that is likely to happen, such as the countries of the Western Balkans not receiving an invitation for EU accession talks. Then Kosovars, Albanians, Macedonians, Serbs would say it didn’t happen "because of the Bulgarian commissioner," the Prime Minister said.
Mariya Gabriel has proven her abilities as a commissioner and Sofia plans to offer that she remained in European Commission office, PM Borissov added and specified that previous plans for World Bank Chief Executive Kristalina Georgieva to head the European Council had been dropped.
- » Erdogan: Putin and I Share an Opinion on Terrorists
- » PM Borissov Met with the New US Ambassador to Bulgaria, Herro Mustafa
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » Gallup International: 600,000 Bulgarians Admit that they Would Sell their vote
- » PM Borissov: This Year's GDP Will Exceed BGN 120 billion
- » Erdogan and Putin Will Meet in Sochi Today to Discuss the Situation in Syria