EC Approves National Beekeeping Program for 2020-2022
The European Commission has approved Bulgaria's National Beekeeping Program for the period 2020-2022. Its total budget is BGN 6.4 million for each of the three years of implementation.
50% of the funds are from the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund and 50% from the national budget. All measures implemented so far are included in the Program and new support measures are foreseen.
For the first time, costs for mobile beekeeping will be financed. This will ensure a varied grazing for bee families and increase the yield of honey and bee products.
In addition, the existing biodiversity of plant and tree species in Bulgaria will be preserved. Assistance to buy new attachments for mobile beekeeping (trailers, platforms), also applied in the previous program, will continue. Activities for training beekeepers are also included.
The program will also fund bazaars where local beekeepers will be able to offer their produce to popularize and increase consumption.
- » Rescue Teams Help Two Injured Paragliders near Dupnitsa
- » French-German Consortium Wins Sofia Airport Concession Tender
- » Mayor of Sofia: Over the Last 10 Years we have Invested over BGN 25 Million in Kremikovtsi District
- » Rozhen 2019 National Folklore Fair Began
- » New Management of Bulgaria’s State Fund Agriculture Elected
- » American Foundation Gives $ 185,000 to Restore the Buzludzha Monument