Turkey is Again the Country with the Most Refugees in the World
The number of refugees in Turkey has reached 4.9 million, reported NOVA TV.
Turkey is again the country that has sheltered the largest number of refugees in the world, Sabah newspaper reported, quoted by BGNES. The UN Refugee Agency reported that for the fifth consecutive year, Turkey is heading the ranking of the countries that have accepted the most people fleeing war or persecution.
"Unfortunately, this year we also saw that the number of refugees is rising," said Selin Unal, spokesperson for Turkey of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
According to the interior ministry of Turkey, the number of refugees on its territory has reached 4.9 million.
Ankara estimates that they have so far spent 40 billion dollars to cope with the crisis. Only 6 billion in aid have been received from abroad.
There is growing tension in society because of the economic crisis that is causing difficulties for Turkish citizens. At the same time, large amounts of money are being spent on refugees.
After Turkey, Pakistan, Uganda, Sudan, and Germany are among the countries with the most refugees
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis