The Supreme Electoral Council: Ekrem Imamoglu is the New Mayor of Istanbul
Turkey's Supreme Election Council (VIS) announced on June 24 the official results of the Istanbul re-election, saying the main opposition Republican People's Party (EPP) candidate, Ekrem Imamoglu, is the winner of the June 23 election, with 54%.
The re-election in Istanbul is finalized.
Imamoglu received 54.21% of the votes, " VIS President Sadi Güven said.
Sadi Güven also said the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) candidate, Binali Yildirim, had received 44.99% of the vote.
8 925 063 voters participated in the election. The number of invalid votes is 178,590.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis