The Supreme Electoral Council: Ekrem Imamoglu is the New Mayor of Istanbul
Turkey's Supreme Election Council (VIS) announced on June 24 the official results of the Istanbul re-election, saying the main opposition Republican People's Party (EPP) candidate, Ekrem Imamoglu, is the winner of the June 23 election, with 54%.
The re-election in Istanbul is finalized.
Imamoglu received 54.21% of the votes, " VIS President Sadi Güven said.
Sadi Güven also said the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) candidate, Binali Yildirim, had received 44.99% of the vote.
8 925 063 voters participated in the election. The number of invalid votes is 178,590.
- » Northern Macedonia Expects to Receive a Start Date For Talks with the EU
- » Over 160 Migrants Arrived in Greece From Turkey Over the Weekend
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia