Teacher from Rousse was Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison for Sexually Assaulting Schoolgirls
A physical education teacher from Rousse was sentenced to eight years in prison for sexually assaulting two underage students.
The case unfolds after parents alert the law enforcement.
According to the prosecutor's office, the crimes were committed in 2013 and 2017. One of the girls even attempted suicide.
Because of the age of the victims, the process that began in November last year in closed door. Today's verdict may be appealed within 15 days before the Court of Appeal of Veliko Tarnovo.
The prosecutor's office in Rousse said they would appeal the decision and insist on a more severe punishment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations