The British Parliament Was Evacuated Due to a Fire Alert
The British Parliament was evacuated today due to a fire alert, BTA reported.
Reuters witness said that “A message over the PA system urged people to leave the building. Lawmakers were also asked to leave the area as a loud alarm sounded. The alarm ended around 20 minutes later and lawmakers, staff and journalists were allowed back into the Palace of Westminster.”
A message was sent to everyone to leave the building. MEPs were also urged to go out after the alert.
While the palace undergoes some repairs, it is not expected a major recovery and renovation program to be launched until mid-2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbian President: Bulgarians are Resentful because We are More Popular in North Macedonia
- » Day 643 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces Breaking Through Defenses near Avdiivka
- » Hamas Released 11 Hostages - Israel Released 33 Prisoners
- » Lavrov Awaits OSCE Entry: Bulgaria's Airspace Decision in Focus
- » NATO Chief: Ukraine Managed to Get Back Half of the Lands Captured by Russia
- » Day 642 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Winter Storms Hit Crimea and the Rest of Ukraine