The British Parliament Was Evacuated Due to a Fire Alert
The British Parliament was evacuated today due to a fire alert, BTA reported.
Reuters witness said that “A message over the PA system urged people to leave the building. Lawmakers were also asked to leave the area as a loud alarm sounded. The alarm ended around 20 minutes later and lawmakers, staff and journalists were allowed back into the Palace of Westminster.”
A message was sent to everyone to leave the building. MEPs were also urged to go out after the alert.
While the palace undergoes some repairs, it is not expected a major recovery and renovation program to be launched until mid-2020.
- » Trillions of Cigarette Butts Thrown on the Ground Annually
- » Ursula von der Leyen: The European Union does not Want a Hard Brexit
- » China is the World's Largest Watermelon Producer
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Juncker Has Accepted the Resignation of the Secretary-General Martin Selmayr
- » Short Circuit Shuts Down Three Reactors of a Russian NPP