Bulgarian Defense Minister: F-16 Final Talks Will be at the End of Next Week
Bulgarian Defense Minister is expecting a meeting with his US counterpart next week, reported BNT.
At the end of next week, a US delegation will come to Bulgaria to conduct the final negotiations for the purchase of eight F-16 fighters for the needs of the Bulgarian army. This was announced by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Krasimir Karakachanov during the parliamentary scrutiny on Friday.
According to Karakachanov, talks on new aircraft continue on schedule. There may only be a delay due to staff changes in the US administration.
Karakachanov expects a meeting with the US Secretary of Defense next week, if there is no change.
Bulgaria chose American fighters F-16. According to the initial offer, the price of eight of the fighters for us will be BGN 2.2 billion. The sum is not budgeted by the state this year and to finance the Ministry of Finance plans to increase the level of government debt.
According to the stipulated texts in the state budget, the maximum debt that the state can take is up to BGN 1 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World