Washington Banned US Airlines to Fly Over Iranian Waters
This is a day after Iran removed a US intelligence drones, reported NOVA TV.
While Iran insists that the drone was moving in stealth mode over its territorial waters, the US argues that it was flying over international waters. The incident has further strained an already tense situation in the region, with Washington not ruling out an air strike against Iran in retaliation to the incident.
Washington has today banned US airlines from crossing Tehran-controlled airspace over the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.
The limitation is introduced because of the "intensification of military action and growing political tensions in the region, which poses a risk to US civil aviation operations," said the US Civil Aviation Administration.
- » More Than Half of Britons Want a Referendum on the Brexit Agreement
- » Five EU Countries Agree to Welcome Migrants From Open Arm Ship
- » UN Security Council with an Extraordinary Meeting Called at the Request of Russia and China
- » Mass Prison Break in West Papua - Police is Looking For 250 Prisoners
- » The US is Ready to Resume Direct Talks with North Korea on its Nuclear Program
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful