Huge Imports of Cherries from Greece Are Damaging the Bulgarian Producers
Huge imports of cherries from Greece are damaging the Bulgarian producers, NOVA reports.
"We do not know how much the price will be at the end of the day, there is chaos at the points, some want small ones, others want big ones. At the moment we divide with the workers, they get 40-50 stotinki per kilogram and the points are buying up for 1 lev, "explained the producers.
Thanks to the Mayor of Kyustendil Petar Paunov, the massifs are well guarded. As of June 1st, the gendarmerie keeps the arches, there are also crossing points.
"The Bulgarian cherry is not as big as the Greek. And she's sweet. The Greek is sour. The season looks good for now. A problem is the weather due to rainfalls, "explained the producers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast