Today We Mark World Refugee Day
Today we mark World Refugee Day. According to the UNHCR, to date, nearly 71 million people have left their homes because of military conflicts or persecution.
80% of them go to neighbouring countries.
The largest is the number of people fleeing Syria - about 6 million and 700 thousand, then Afghanistan - with almost 3 million refugees. South Sudan, Myanmar and Somalia are the countries that follow in the negative ranking.
In 2018, the number of refugees worldwide has grown by more than 2 million people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests