Today We Mark World Refugee Day
Today we mark World Refugee Day. According to the UNHCR, to date, nearly 71 million people have left their homes because of military conflicts or persecution.
80% of them go to neighbouring countries.
The largest is the number of people fleeing Syria - about 6 million and 700 thousand, then Afghanistan - with almost 3 million refugees. South Sudan, Myanmar and Somalia are the countries that follow in the negative ranking.
In 2018, the number of refugees worldwide has grown by more than 2 million people.
- » BNR: Bulgaria and Croatia Disappointed with Delay of Accession Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Brexit Deadline Delayed
- » Boris Johnson: UK Will Leave the EU even if the Agreement Is Rejected
- » Erdogan Threatens to Continue the Offensive in Syria if the Terms of the Peace Agreement Are not Fully Fulfilled
- » A Man Disguised as Boris Johnson Tried to Climb Big Ben
- » New York Approved the Notorious Rikers Prison to Be Closed