The Number of Refugees in the World Has Reached a Record 70.8 million People, the UN Said
The number of people who were forced to leave their homes and countries due to wars and persecutions, has reached 70.8 million.
This is the highest level since the creation of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in 1950, United Nations said in a report released for the news agencies.
From the end of 2017 and the end of 2018, internally displaced people and refugees increased by 2.3 million.
The causes of record numbers are persecutions, conflicts, violence and human rights violations, according to the authors of the report. Among the countries contributing to this sad statistics are Ethiopia, Syria, Nigeria, Venezuela, South Sudan and the Congo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir