At Least 15 People Died after a Ferry Sank Near the Indonesian Island of Java
At least 15 people were killed in a ferry sinking near the Indonesian island of Java yesterday, local police said on Friday, quoted by the French press. The ship, with fifty people on board, overturned in a stormy sea near the island of Madura. The ferry, which the police believe was overloaded, overturned after it was hit by a high wave, writes "Sega."
Up to now, the death of 15 people has been confirmed, 31 have been rescued, and at least three are still missing. Shipwrecks are a common phenomenon in Indonesia - an archipelago with more than 17,000 islands. More than 160 people have died in a ferry near Sumatra last year, the agency recalls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests