US Embassy in Sofia Delivers Offer for Acquisition of Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
The U.S. Embassy Sofia Office of Defense Cooperation formally delivered to the Bulgarian Ministry of Defence a Letter of Offer and Acceptance encompassing a potential agreement on Bulgarian acquisition of eight F-16 Block 70 fighter aircraft, weapons systems, associated long term sustainment and support systems, as well as comprehensive training for pilots and support personnel, according to the official statement posted on the website of the US Embassy in Sofia.
U.S. Embassy Sofia expresses satisfaction with the work of the Bulgarian military and financial expert delegation who ensured that the proposal takes into account the requirements of the Bulgarian Air Force. The United States looks forward to finalising this contract with the Government of Bulgaria in accordance with Bulgarian procedural requirements, the statement reads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World