7.4 on the Richter Scale near New Zealand
An earthquake measuring 7.4 on the Richter scale this morning in the area of the Kermadake island group in the southern Pacific Ocean, Reuters and AP reported, referring to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
According to the center, there is no threat to a tsunami for Hawaii. Authorities in New Zealand have also said there is no tsunami threat to the country, and only a slight rise in sea level is expected on a part of the coast.
According to the US Geological Survey, the epicenter was 875 km northeast of the Nonguango city of New Zealand at a depth of 10km below the seabed.
The unbearable Kermadel archipelago, which is under New Zealand's jurisdiction, has increased volcanic activity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1