The Parties Will Return the Overpaid Subsidies
The parties will return the overpaid subsidies after 2016 retrospectively. This was decided by MPs who voted in second reading amendments to the Political Parties Act.
MEPs discuss when the parties will refund the overwhelming BGN 6.5m of subsidies. This is the leading topic in parliament on Friday. The prosecutor's office also checked and announced that the funds in question were wrongly taken.
Still on the agenda is the question of the size of the party subsidy. A few days ago at first reading it was accepted to reduce it from BGN 11 per vote to BGN 1.
According to the changes, the vote subsidy will be paid only for the actual votes.
Subsidies will be paid by the state in four installments.
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions and Employers Against Reduction of VAT on Flour and Medicines
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Adopted the Annual Report of the Council for Disaster Risk Reduction
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds
- » From BGN 500 to BGN 12 000 Fine For Outdoor Noise After 23:00
- » If You are Living in Sofia, You Will Now be Able to Take an Electric Bike For Rent