The New Chief Prosecutor Will Be Elected Days Before the Local Elections
The new Chief Prosecutor will be elected days before the local elections. The Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council decided that the election will take place on October 24th, adjusting the date of November 14th, as Sotir Tsatsarov proposed. Nominations for candidates will be made no later than July 29th, and the start of the procedure will be on July 15th.
Tsatsarov's mandate ends on January 10, 2020.
According to magistrates, their concepts do not need to be on the SJC's website.
By law, nominations can be made by no less than three members of the SJC Prosecutor's Office and the Minister of Justice.
The current Minister - Danail Kirilov has already stated that he won’t name a candidate. The president appoints the prosecutor with a decree.
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds
- » Deputy Prime Minister Mariana Nikolova Met with the Indian Ambassador Pooja Kapor
- » The European Commission Doesn't Approve the National Energy and Climate Plan of Bulgaria
- » From BGN 500 to BGN 12 000 Fine For Outdoor Noise After 23:00
- » If You are Living in Sofia, You Will Now be Able to Take an Electric Bike For Rent