Chief of Bulgarian Defence Staff: Plan to Reach 2% of GDP by 2024 goes as Scheduled
The plan to reach 2% of GDP by 2024 goes as scheduled, Chief of Defence Staff Andrey Botsev told reporters in the Novo Selo training area, Focus News Agency reports.
"We have provided funds for the modernisation of the equipment for every year. And I hope that the Land Force project will also be launched by the end of next week," said Gen. Botsev. "The targets we have set with the minister of defence have been met so far. The funds that have been provided under the plan to achieve 2% of GDP by 2024 have been channelled as scheduled," he said, voicing hope that things go as planned, “so that our military personnel have the same self-confidence as our allies," he commented.
- » Trilateral Security Summit in Israel
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: F-16 Final Talks Will be at the End of Next Week
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Offer for the Eight F-16 Fighter Aircrafts is BGN 2.2 Billion
- » US Devil Brigade Soldiers Showcase Air Defense Capabilities in Bulgaria
- » US Embassy in Sofia Delivers Offer for Acquisition of Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov and Defence Minister Karakachanov Watch a Military Training in Shabla