New Protest of Nurses in Sofia
Nurses gathered in front of the Metropolitan Tokuda Acibaden City Hospital to demand higher pay and better working conditions. The protesters spoke of pressure exerted by directors of private and state hospitals for their involvement in such manifestations of dissatisfaction.
The protest was also backed by Ombudsman Maya Manolova, who urged health minister Kiril Ananiev to send out letters to her, asking healthcare directors why they are putting pressure on protesters.
I will not leave you alone, Mr. Ananiev, you can be sure of that, Manolova was categorical. Unhappy nurses agree that if they are not heard there will be effective strike action across the country.
- » Bulgaria Will Finance Lung Transplants in Non-EU Countries
- » New York Banned Flavoured E-Cigarettes
- » Seventh Casualty of the Floods in Spain
- » The Air in the Classrooms in Bulgaria - Dangerous for the Children’s Health
- » Cruise Ship Overturned near Senegal, Six People Were Killed
- » Epic Saga: Amazon's The Lord of the Rings Series Filming Will Begin in New Zealand