New Protest of Nurses in Sofia
Nurses gathered in front of the Metropolitan Tokuda Acibaden City Hospital to demand higher pay and better working conditions. The protesters spoke of pressure exerted by directors of private and state hospitals for their involvement in such manifestations of dissatisfaction.
The protest was also backed by Ombudsman Maya Manolova, who urged health minister Kiril Ananiev to send out letters to her, asking healthcare directors why they are putting pressure on protesters.
I will not leave you alone, Mr. Ananiev, you can be sure of that, Manolova was categorical. Unhappy nurses agree that if they are not heard there will be effective strike action across the country.
- » Bulgarian-Swiss Program Gives 2500 Children a Chance to Go to Kindergarten
- » The Problematic Places of Sofia, which Get Flooded after Heavy Rainfall
- » Bulgarian has Died, and Four have been Injured in Car Crash in Romania
- » The Mountain Rescue Service Warns Tourists not to Take Walks in the Mountains
- » World Beatles Day - June 25 - two weeks before the premiere of "Yesterday"
- » Triple Jump of Cancer Patients in Bulgaria for 37 Years