Rome is Preparing a Strategy to Avoid Excessive EU Sanctions Because of the Budget Deficit
Coalition leaders in Italy have agreed on the need to avoid EU disciplinary measures because of the excessive debt and the worsening budget deficit. That became clear late last night at a meeting of the Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte with his runners-up and government ministers - the leaders of the League and the 5-star Movement parties Matteo Salvini and Luigi di Maio.
At the meeting it was decided that Italy should draw up a strategy to avoid the criminal procedure by creating a budget package which will be discussed with Finance Minister Giovanni Tria and later presented in Europe.
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Won’t Attend the G7 Summit in France
- » The Iranian Tanker Grace 1 Left Gibraltar
- » UN: There Are 70 million Refugees Around the World
- » Leaked Cross-Government Study Shows No-Deal Brexit Worst Case Scenario
- » Nine of the Wealthiest Businessmen Lost $ 18 Billion in a Day
- » North Korea Will Never Negotiate with Seoul again