Is the Friendship Treaty Between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia is Applying Effective?
This will be discussed in Sofia by the foreign ministers of the two countries, reported NOVA TV.
Is the Friendship Treaty between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia is applying effective? This will be discussed in Sofia by the foreign ministers of the two countries.
The treaty, which was signed on 1 August 2017, was one of the first steps to resolve the long-standing dispute between Skopje and Athens about the name of our Southwest neighbour. After the two countries reached an understanding of the name, the path of Northern Macedonia to the European Union was opened.
For its part, the friendship treaty with Bulgaria provided for a review of how the textbooks were written about our common history, as well as the establishment of an intergovernmental commission to monitor compliance with the commitments.
This committee will meet for the first time today in Sofia, under the chairmanship of Ekaterina Zaharieva and her northern Macedonian counterpart, Nikola Dimitrov.
- » A Bulgarian Parliamentary Delegation is Visiting Moscow
- » Mongolia-Bulgaria Intergovernmental Commission Meeting Kicks off
- » Rumen Radev Will Participate in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council
- » The Bulgarian Ambassador to the Vatican Handed his Credentials to Pope Francis
- » Herro Mustafa is the New Ambassador of the United States to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General