A Supercomputer Center Will be Created in Sofia
A supercomputer center will be created in Sofia.
The city is one of the eight locations worldwide selected for the project. The other places in the world are Barcelona (Spain), Bologna (Italy), Kenyan (Finland), Minu (Portugal), Ostrava (Czech Republic), Bissen (Luxembourg) and Maribor (Slovenia), the European Commission quoted dnesvnik.bg.
Super-fast computing offices will work to help European researchers, industry and businesses. They will create new applications in many areas - from discovering drugs and new materials to tackling environmental change.
Along with EU money, the total budget for these activities will be 840 million euros. It is likely that supercomputers will work in the second half of next year.
- » Only 30% of Bulgarians Brush their Teeth
- » New Strong Earthquake in Turkey
- » The Toll System to be Postponed again?
- » Nine People Dead after the Earthquake in Turkey
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
- » BGN 20 Million Allocated for Ambulance Helicopters