A Supercomputer Center Will be Created in Sofia
A supercomputer center will be created in Sofia.
The city is one of the eight locations worldwide selected for the project. The other places in the world are Barcelona (Spain), Bologna (Italy), Kenyan (Finland), Minu (Portugal), Ostrava (Czech Republic), Bissen (Luxembourg) and Maribor (Slovenia), the European Commission quoted dnesvnik.bg.
Super-fast computing offices will work to help European researchers, industry and businesses. They will create new applications in many areas - from discovering drugs and new materials to tackling environmental change.
Along with EU money, the total budget for these activities will be 840 million euros. It is likely that supercomputers will work in the second half of next year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Daily Record: 240 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6342 Total