UNEMPLOYMENT DECREASED SLIGHTLY
Business | September 14, 2001, Friday // 00:00
Unemployment fell by 0.15 per cent in August in comparison with July. The National Statistical Institute reported. Sofia and Turgovishte, respectively, are with best (4.47%) and the worst (33.02%) unemployment rates in the country. The overall number of jobless people fell with 5,697 in August to 637,831.The recruitment centers reported 337,000 jobless women and 93,777 jobless under 24. The number of vacancies rose with 36.6 per cent to 14,465. 12,513 people started working in August; the recruitment centers assisted to 67.5 % of them. At the end of August, 11,833 vacancies remained unoccupied. There were 28 unemployed per vacancy in August.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU