5 Medals for Bulgarian Students at the Physics Olympiad in Riga
With five medals - one gold, two silver and two bronze - the Bulgarian participants from the Third European Physics Olympics, which took place from 31 May to 4 June in the Latvian capital Riga, returned. The competition was attended by more than 180 students from 36 countries, the press center of the Ministry of Education and Science said.
The gold medal was won by Georgi Aleksandrov from the 12th grade of Sofia High School of Mathematics / Paisii Hilendarski. The silver medals were received by Alexander Prodanov from the ninth grade of the "Nikola Obreshkov" Profile School of Mathematics in Kazanlak and Alexander Krastev from the 12th grade of the "Petar Beron" Mathematics High School in Varna. The winners of the bronze medal are Vladimira Irincheva from the 12th grade of the First Private Mathematical High School in Sofia and Ivo Petrov from the 11th grade of the Paisii Hilendarski School of Music.
The head of the team is Neno Todorov - lecturer at the Faculty of Physics of the Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Bulgaria's participation in this Olympics was funded entirely by the MES, for which the students and the manager express their gratitude, says in the communication
- » IT Professionals Remain the Highest-Paid Workers in 2018
- » Burgas Municipality Wants to Take Control of the Maritime School in the City
- » The Anglo-American School in Sofia Opened an Art Centre
- » MES Project: Full Change in Classrooms
- » The Bulgarian State Grants BGN 315,000 for Scholarships for Gifted Children
- » Students From Burgas Created an Electric Car