Juncker Disagrees with the Dutch Claims to Bulgaria for Schengen
EC spokesman Alexander Winterstein said that President Jean-Claude Juncker's position on the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen has not changed, the BNR said. He said this in response to a question about the Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok's request during his visit in Bulgaria. Blok asked the Netherlands to make sure that Bulgaria is guarding the EU's external borders well and that it is effectively fighting corruption and human traffic.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has repeatedly expressed support for the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister Insists That MPs Should Nominate New Reps for NOHQ
- » Bulgarian Regulator Adopted Increase of Gas Price Backdating it April 1st
- » Putin Warns against Crossing Russia’s “Red Lines", Touts Military Achievements
- » Bulgaria: Borissov Set to Run for President
- » Democratic Bulgaria Declines GERB’s Invitation for Consultations on Government
- » Democratic Bulgaria Ready to Support Government Without Own Ministers in It