Juncker Disagrees with the Dutch Claims to Bulgaria for Schengen
EC spokesman Alexander Winterstein said that President Jean-Claude Juncker's position on the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen has not changed, the BNR said. He said this in response to a question about the Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok's request during his visit in Bulgaria. Blok asked the Netherlands to make sure that Bulgaria is guarding the EU's external borders well and that it is effectively fighting corruption and human traffic.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has repeatedly expressed support for the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will Support Kovesi as EU Chief Prosecutor
- » Extra EUR 1.07 Billion for the F-16 Planes Were Approved
- » Tomislav Donchev: We Need to Spend more Money on Cybersecurity
- » Rescue Teams Help Two Injured Paragliders near Dupnitsa
- » French-German Consortium Wins Sofia Airport Concession Tender
- » Mayor of Sofia: Over the Last 10 Years we have Invested over BGN 25 Million in Kremikovtsi District