Juncker Disagrees with the Dutch Claims to Bulgaria for Schengen
EC spokesman Alexander Winterstein said that President Jean-Claude Juncker's position on the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen has not changed, the BNR said. He said this in response to a question about the Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok's request during his visit in Bulgaria. Blok asked the Netherlands to make sure that Bulgaria is guarding the EU's external borders well and that it is effectively fighting corruption and human traffic.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has repeatedly expressed support for the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area.
- » Three Russian Men Charged with Poisoning Bulgarian Arms Dealer
- » Rumen Radev and Nicos Anastasiades: The EU Budget Should Reflect the Ambition for a United and Active Europe
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Invested over BGN 1 Billion for the Three Seas Initiative
- » Rumen Radev: The Partnership between Bulgaria and Japan Provides the Opportunity for our Speeded-up Development as a Country of High Technologies and Science
- » PM Borissov: No Country that Adopts the Euro Becomes Poorer or Weaker as a Result
- » President Radev and SJC Members Held Consultations on Constitutional Changes