The EU Has Adopted Additional Rules to Combat Illegal Migration
The EU Council has announced that it has adopted changes to the Visa Code, which will improve the conditions for legal travelers and increase the opportunities for countering illegal migration, writes BTA.
The new rules will allow those wishing to visit the EU to apply within six months and no later than 15 days before the trip. Filling in and signing the application will also be possible online. A common approach is introduced to the issue of multiple-entry visas for regular passengers with a clear file, with the deadlines of these visas gradually increasing from one to five years. The price for a visa will increase to 80 euros.
The European Commission will continually assess cooperation with foreign countries, and when a country does not cooperate in the readmission of its citizens, the EC will propose to the EU Council to take appropriate action, including raising the cost of visas for those countries' citizens.
If a country cooperates, the EC will be able to offer a reduction in the price for visas, the time taken to decide on visa applications or extend the validity of multiple visas.
- » The Netherlands Has Blocked Negotiations with Albania For the EU
- » So Far, the EU Has Done Nothing to Save the 2015 Nuclear Agreement, Iran Said
- » The EU Introduces More Secure Identity Documents
- » Manfred Weber Was Elected as the Leader of the EPP in the European Parliament
- » The EC Published New Guidelines on the Interaction of the Free Movement of Non-Personal Data
- » The EC Has Warned that EU Enlargement Talks Are Long And They Will Take Time