Manfred Weber Was Elected as the Leader of the EPP in the European Parliament
Manfred Weber was elected as the leader of the European People's Party (EPP) group in the European Parliament, the Austrian public channel ORF, the FOCUS and BNT reported.
The German politician, who was the leading EPP candidate for the European elections, and in this way as a pretender for the post of President of the European Commission, received 156 out of 160 votes at the constituent meeting of the faction in Brussels.
Weber was the only candidate in the race. Voting was secret.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Polish Politicians on Decision of EU Court: They Declared War on Us!
- » Warsaw: We will Not Comply with the EU Declaration of the Rule of Law
- » European Leaders Attacked Poland at a Summit in Brussels
- » EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Supports Introduction of "Green Certificate" in Bulgaria