Manfred Weber Was Elected as the Leader of the EPP in the European Parliament
Manfred Weber was elected as the leader of the European People's Party (EPP) group in the European Parliament, the Austrian public channel ORF, the FOCUS and BNT reported.
The German politician, who was the leading EPP candidate for the European elections, and in this way as a pretender for the post of President of the European Commission, received 156 out of 160 votes at the constituent meeting of the faction in Brussels.
Weber was the only candidate in the race. Voting was secret.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC is Considering Limiting the Price of Gas in Europe in Emergency Situations
- » President and Prime Minister of Finland approve of NATO Entry. Kremlin perceives it as a Threat
- » Von der Leyen: Russia is the Most Direct Threat to the World Order
- » The EU accused Russia of a Cyber Attack an hour before the Start of the War in Ukraine
- » Von der Leyen to hold Talks with Countries seeking a Reprieve for Russian Oil
- » Borrell proposes that the EU Rebuild Ukraine with Frozen Russian Reserves