PM Borisov: Accession to Schengen and the Eurozone Is a Top Priority
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Stef Blok discussed topical issues on the agenda of Europe as well as topics of mutual interest.
At the meeting, it was underlined that Bulgaria continues to pursue its objective of being as close as possible to the integration processes in the EU. Borisov pointed out that joining the Schengen area and the eurozone are among the main priorities of our country and the support of the Netherlands is one of the keys.
"This will ensure the full participation of Bulgaria in the joint European efforts to adequately address all the challenges related to the security of the EU's external borders," said Boyko Borisov.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands noted that Bulgaria is successfully coping with the protection of Europe's external border. In the course of the talks, Boyko Borisov said that preserving the integrity of the Schengen area requires consistent efforts in two key areas - strengthening the control of our external borders and improving the functioning of the asylum system.
Bulgaria's progress on reforms under the Cooperation and Evaluation Mechanism was also noted during the meeting
"We appreciate the good cooperation with the European Commission on this issue and we expect our European partners to appreciate our good results as well as our determination to continue the process in an irreversible way," Borisov said, quoted by the government's press service.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria is a Sovereign State. Russia should De-Escalate
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry: NATO forces Must be Withdrawn from Bulgaria and Romania
- » Spain has sent Warships to the Black Sea and is Preparing Fighter Jets for Bulgaria
- » President of North Macedonia: Kiril Petkov is a Non-Traditional Politician and Optimist in Politics
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev and VP Iliana Yotova were Sworn In for their Second Term
- » Bulgarian PM on North Macedonia: In a Few Days we Achieved more than in Recent Years