Europol: Thousands of Animals Were Saved From Becoming Wallets
Europol Busted a Wlidlife Traffic Network.
The European Police Service, Europol, saved more than 4,400 reptiles and arrested 12 people during an international operation against illegal wildlife trade, DPA reported, quoted by BTA.
The operation was carried out between 12 April and 22 May.
4,419 animals were seized, including 2,703 turtles, 1,059 snakes, 512 lizards and geckos, 20 crocodiles and an alligator.
The authorities have seized 152 bags, wallets, wristwatches, reptile-based medications. About 200 suspects around the world have been identified.
Six people were detained in Italy and another six in Spain.
Police agencies from 22 countries around the world participated in the operation.
- » 10 People Arrested in Sofia for Drug Distribution
- » Nearly 100 kg of Heroin for BGN 3.6 Million Were Seized at the Danube Bridge Border Checkpoint
- » 11 Injured in a Shootout in Edirne
- » 18 People Were Killed and Dozens Were Injured in a Bomb Blast in Syrian City
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy