Europol: Thousands of Animals Were Saved From Becoming Wallets
Europol Busted a Wlidlife Traffic Network.
The European Police Service, Europol, saved more than 4,400 reptiles and arrested 12 people during an international operation against illegal wildlife trade, DPA reported, quoted by BTA.
The operation was carried out between 12 April and 22 May.
4,419 animals were seized, including 2,703 turtles, 1,059 snakes, 512 lizards and geckos, 20 crocodiles and an alligator.
The authorities have seized 152 bags, wallets, wristwatches, reptile-based medications. About 200 suspects around the world have been identified.
Six people were detained in Italy and another six in Spain.
Police agencies from 22 countries around the world participated in the operation.
- » NASA is Investigating the First Crime Committed in Space
- » The Escaped Prisoners from the Prison in Stara Zagora are Moldovan Citizens
- » The Recent Fake Bomb Alerts Turned out to Be Part of an International Action
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities