Mariya Gabriel Remains EU Commissioner, Lilyana Pavlova Gets her seat in the EP
Mariya Gabriel has given up the post in the European Parliament, NOVA said. Thus, the sixth member of GERB, who goes to Brussels, becomes Lilyana Pavlova.
Mariya Gabriel gathered the most serious preferential vote and took the first position of the GERB MEPs for the EP. The party won a total of six seats.
The EU commissioner announced the news in an interview with bTV. She dropped out of her position as MEP to remain a EU commissioner.
"First of all, thank you. There are five to six months ahead of the new EC. I can not afford not to remain a commissioner and in this period Bulgaria will not have a commissioner. This morning I spoke with the prime minister and he supported my decision to remain a commissioner, "Gabriel said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package