Heavy Rain and Hailstorm Hit Bulgaria's Plovdiv
In just half an hour Plovdiv, the second largest city in Bulgaria, saw heavy flooding with most of its central boulevards and subways under water, reports BNT
Municipality cleaning groups and fire brigade crews are working hard to drain off hospitals and kindergartens.
The ground floor of the city's oncological dispensary is flooded. The South region of the city is in the gravest situation its streets being under water up to 50 cm deep.
There are a great number of damaged cars and traffic lights. Public transport is operative with delays. A heavy flooded floor caused the evacuation of visitors to one of the city malls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven