A Virus-Infected Laptop Was Sold For $ 1.3 million
For Chinese artist Guo Dong, the simple black Samsung laptop, loaded with six powerful viruses, symbolizes one of the most terrible modern threats in the world.
The laptop owner, "Painful in Chaos," shocked the artistic world by selling the $ 1.3 million dollar online auction machine in New York yesterday.
There is nothing special about the 2008 10-inch Netbook that works with outdated Windows XP, except that it contains the deadliest viruses ever created.
In his memory are: "I Love You" from 2000, "Sobig" from 2003, MyDoom (2004), DarkTequila (2013), BlackEnergy (2015), and the most famous of all - WannaCry.
The laptop is a powerful symbol of a threat that can affect the whole world. The six Trojan horses, worms, and malware loaded on it have caused at least $ 95 billion in damages worldwide.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year