GERB Wins the European Parliament Election, 5 Parties Pass the Barrier
GERB wins the European Parliament elections in Bulgaria.
According to the Gallup International at 19:00, the ruling party receives 30.5% of the vote. The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) is in second place with 25.4 and the third place is the Movement for Rights and Freedoms with 12.8.
According to Gallup, two more parties and coalitions pass the barrier of 5.88 and will have a representative in the European Parliament - VMRO with 8 per cent and Democratic Bulgaria with 6.5.
Vesselin Mareshki's "Will" remains below the 3.5-point mark, and Independent Candidate Desislava Ivancheva is 2%.
Following are the ruling coalition parties - ''Ataka'' with 2% and ''NFSB'' of Valery Simeonov with 1.6.
The Gallup forecast gives 6-7 MEPs for GERB, 5-6 for BSP, 2-3 for MRF, 1-2 for VMRO and 1 for Democratic Bulgaria.
The study is commissioned and funded by the Bulgarian National Radio and is conducted by Gallup International, being a national representative for the vote.
- » European Court Organizes Round Table on Effective Investigations into Killings and ill-treatment in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Sofia Lost the Race for the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Today, It Will Become Clear Whether Sofia Will be the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Bulgarian Regional Ministry Imposed Sanctions for BGN 22.6 Million for Violations of EU Projects
- » Bulgaria Among 13 Countries with a Declaration on Accelerated EU Integration of the Western Balkans
- » Mariya Gabriel Remains EU Commissioner, Lilyana Pavlova Gets her seat in the EP