Philip Morris Makes a Call Center in Bulgaria and Opens 100 Jobs
Philip Morris International, the manufacturer of the iQOS tobacco heating unit, will invest in the creation of a call center in Bulgaria, Christos Harpandis, Managing Director for Southeastern Europe, told Money.bg. The new call center is expected to be operational in the third quarter of 2019. The company has not yet decided whether it will be in Sofia or another city in Bulgaria.
Initially 100 jobs will be created. The Call Center will take over part of the work currently under way in Greece and Italy. Within a year, their number is expected to increase to 200.
The company has production in neighboring Greece. Last year, Philip Morris International announced they would invest 300 million euros in their factory in Aspropyrgos, where cigarettes were made before, and now the smokeless HEETS tobacco is produced. The same product is made at the company's base in Italy. It has more productions in Romania.
- » The Low-Cost Carrier Ryanair Opens a New Route to Bulgaria
- » Croatia Introduces the Euro by the End of the Next Government's Term
- » Portugal Raises the Minimum Wage to EUR 635
- » Turkey Introduces New Tax on Hotel Services
- » Queues of Trucks at the Border Checkpoints with Turkey and Romania
- » Record: Bulgarians Abroad Have Sent over 1 Billion in the Country