Procession and Celebrations for May 24 in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria
With a procession, literary walks, an academic celebration, and various initiatives dedicated to reading, today's celebration of Bulgarian education and culture in Sofia will be celebrated. at 10.30 a traditional procession begins for May 24th.
Head of State Rumen Radev, Vice President Iliana Yotova and UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay will join the presidential institution at the ceremony procession.
The official ceremony will be held at the National Library at 11 o'clock, and from 11.45 will start the academic feast of the Sofia University.
Patriarch Neofit will serve a solemn prayer at the Patriarchal Cathedral of St. Alexander Nevski, which will begin at 10:00.
The official ceremony for the awarding of the oldest theatrical awards in Bulgaria - "Askeer", will take place this evening at 20.40 at the Bulgarian Army Theater. The awards are given by "artists - for artists" and each of them is a professional and aesthetic choice of theater makers.
- » Sofia Will Host the European Mobility Week
- » President Radev: Freedom of Speech in Bulgaria is in Crisis
- » 31st EU Contest for Young Scientists Kicks off in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Economy is Moving at Such Pace that we Cannot Manage with the Infrastructure
- » 59 Political Parties And 7 Coalitions Will Participate in the October Local Elections
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria Has Not Given up on Schengen