Construction of "Europe" Motorway in Bulgaria has Began
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov turned the first sod of the construction of "Europe" motorway on 23rd of May. The old Sofia-Kalotina road will be modernized and will connect Sofia with the Serbian city of Nis. Lot 2 of the Dragoman-Slivnitsa motorway should be ready by the end of 2020, Prime Minister Borissov said, reports BNT.
The modernized Sofia-Kalotina road is actually the future "Europe" motorway. It should be completed around 2021-2022 and is divided into three lots. PM turned the first sod of the section from Dragoman to Slivnitsa today. It is 17 km long and the investment is 117 million BGN.
The modernization of the road includes the construction of another canvas on the old road Sofia - Kalotina, as well as the construction of new facilities. The Serbian section of the motorway, from the border with Bulgaria to Nis, is ready.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria