European Parliament Elections Start Today
Elections for MEPs start today in the Netherlands and the UK. Tomorrow will be voted in Ireland and the Czech Republic, on May 25th in Latvia, Malta and Slovakia. Citizens in the other 21 EU countries will vote on May 26th.
There are 426 million voters eligible to vote. Statistics show that participation in the election of MEPs is steadily decreasing. While 61.99% of the voters participated in 1969, only 42.61% of the citizens with voting rights appeared in the polls in 2014.
The first forecasts for the election results will be announced around 19:00 PM on Sunday. The EP expects to learn the election results in France, Denmark and Spain the latest. The first projected distribution of seats in the next European Parliament will be presented around 21:15 PM Bulgarian time on May 26th, the EP administration said.
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package