Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
The signal was filed with the Border Police by member of the public who saw them boarding a boat on the bank of the river at Bulgaria’s Rousse during the night of May 20th, reports BNT.
The five Iraqi citizens and three human traffickers were arrested by the Romanian border authorities. The migrants were returned to Bulgaria and, once their identity is established, they will be sued. The three traffickers from Rousse remain in Romania, where they will be charged with illegal trafficking in human beings.
This is not the first attempt of illegal crossing of the Bulgarian-Romanian border by water.
- » Life Imprisonment for Four Bulgarians and an Afghan in Hungary
- » Police Officers Discovered Modern Marihuana Greenhouse in Sofia
- » Thieves from Northwestern Bulgaria Stole over 170kg of Jelly Candies and Lollipops
- » Bulgarian Cable TV Owners Evade Taxes on Large Scale
- » 140 of the Upper Echelons - Ministers, Deputies, Mayors, Investigated for Corruption
- » Robbers Have Beaten an Old Man in his Home in order to Steal 130 Leva from him