Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
The signal was filed with the Border Police by member of the public who saw them boarding a boat on the bank of the river at Bulgaria’s Rousse during the night of May 20th, reports BNT.
The five Iraqi citizens and three human traffickers were arrested by the Romanian border authorities. The migrants were returned to Bulgaria and, once their identity is established, they will be sued. The three traffickers from Rousse remain in Romania, where they will be charged with illegal trafficking in human beings.
This is not the first attempt of illegal crossing of the Bulgarian-Romanian border by water.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey