One of Bulgaria's best Water Polo Players Died in an Accident on Mount Olympus in Greece
One of the best Bulgarian water polo players Martin Kirov died yesterday in a hospital in Greece after falling as he ascended Mount Olympus in northern Greece, BNT reported.
He was part of a small group of Bulgarians who were trying to climb the hard-to-reach area of Cofto.
Kirov has separated from the group, slipped and fell and, despite the efforts of rescuers and doctors, later died. Martin Kirov was a water polo player of the Slavia team.
"A rescue operation involving representatives of both the rescue service and the fire service in the village of Litohoro. A military helicopter was also included, "said Rumen Lozanov, the consul of Bulgaria in Thessaloniki.
"The police are expected to summon members of the group to testify exactly how it happened to produce the necessary documentation and investigation," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas