Deutsche Bahn Bought the Wagon Repair Factory in Karlovo
The wagon repair factory in Karlovo is now owned by the German railway company Deutsche Bahn. The deal is being prepared for several months and finalized last week, informs Marica.bg.
The new owner intends to resume the production of freight wagons as well as their repair and also to extend the activity of repair and maintenance of locomotives. It is expected that VRZ, as the plant is better known, will start work in September by initially employing 70 workers, and in the next 18 months, a total of 300 jobs will be revealed.
"The recovery of the wagon repair factory, one of the main enterprises in the region, is expected to boost the development of the regional economy," said the mayor of the municipality Dr. Emil Kabaivanov.
In 2015, VRZ was bankrupt, after two years of struggling with financial problems.
- » Bulgarians Are Ready to Spend 56% of Their Monthly Salary for Summer Holidays
- » Facebook Presented Its Own Cryptocurrency
- » Sofia Hosts the international Meeting of Development Banks From the Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe
- » A Forum for Pre-clinical Research was Held with the Participation of BSMEPA
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director of BSMEPA: „There is a lot of Ways to Find Resource, more Important is to Use it Properly“
- » Opportunities for Partnership between BSMEPA and America for Bulgaria Foundation were Discussed on a Meeting with Representatives from the Two Institutions