Saharan Dust In The Air
According to data from the Greek meteorological office for several days the atmosphere over Bulgaria is saturated with dust from the deserts of North Africa, Nova TV reported. The cloud of fine sand covered Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and other Balkan countries. In the coming days, the concentration will increase, and the dusty territory will expand north to Poland and Germany and northeast to Ukraine. The cloud is expected to retire after May 23.
At this stage, the air clean-up stations of the Executive Environment Agency in Bulgaria do not report dangerous values of fine particulate matter. However, visibility is reduced. Dust is visible on flat exposed surfaces, and if it rains the rain will be muddy.
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C