Tsenko Chokov Is Under House Arrest Due To His Illness
Former Mayor of Galiche village in Vratsa - Tsenko Chokov, is no longer sleeping in a cell because he was placed under house arrest. The measure is valid as long as the case filed against him at the Special Court continues.
The worsened health of the defendant was among the judges' reasons to impose a smaller detention measure on Chokov. The former mayor sufferes from diabetes, polyneuropathy, acute ulcer, disc disease and urological disease. Chokov has recently undergone surgery, others are ahead of him.
Chokov, however, remains available to the court in Sofia and will wait for another meeting in his apartment in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations