Cost Of Living in Bulgaria Has Gone Up With 3,3% For The Last Year
The consumer price index for April 2019, compared to March 2019, was 100.5%, so the monthly inflation is 0.5%, NSI reported. Inflation from the beginning of the year (April 2019 versus December 2018) was 1.7% and annual inflation in April 2019 compared to April 2018 was 3.7%. The average annual inflation for the period May 2018 - April 2019 compared to May 2017 - April 2018 was 3.3%.
In April 2019, compared to the previous month, the prices of goods and services in consumer groups changed as follows:
- Food products and non-alcoholic beverages - an increase of 1.1%;
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products - prices remain at the level of last month;
- Shoes and clothing - an increase of 6.9%;
- Water, electricity, gas and other fuels - a decrease of 0.2%;
- Home furnishings, household appliances and household care - an increase of 0.1%;
- Health - prices stay at the level of last month;
- Transport - an increase of 1.6%;
- Entertainment and culture - a decrease of 3.9%;
- Education - an increase of 0.2%;
- Restaurants and hotels - an increase of 0.1%;
In April 2019, there was an increase of the following food products prices: rice - by 1.8%, flour - by 0.7%, pork - by 2.1%, sausages by 0.5 and 0.6%, minced meat - by 2.3%, yogurt - by 0.8%, cheese - 1.1%, yellow cheese - by 1.9%, curd by 0.8%, margarine by 1.1%, oil by 0.7%, apples by 5.5%, citrus by – by2,6%, olives - by 2.1%, with carrots and red beet - by 7.2%, tomatoes - by 6.3%, cabbage - by 11.3%, pepper - by 9.3%, onion - by 8.7% , bean - by 0.1%, potatoes - by 5.3%, sugar - by 2.1%, vinegar by 0.5%, salt by 0.4%, coffee by 1.0%, carbonated beverages by 1.1% and.
In April 2019 the prices of the following food products decreased: bread "Dobrudzha" - by 0.1%, type and rye bread - 1.1%, cattle meat - by 1.4%, lamb meat - by 0.3%, fresh and chilled fish - by 0.6%, low fat milk - by 0.1%, eggs - by 1.6%, milk oils - by 0.9%, cucumbers - by 20.5%, leafy vegetables - by 5.1%, lentils - by 0.2% spices - by 1.3%, ice cream - by 1.8%, cocoa - by 0.7%, wines - by 0.3%, beer - by 0.4%, and others.
In April 2019, there there was an increase of the following non-food goods and services prices: clothing- by 6.2%, shoes by 8.5%, gaseous and liquid fuels for household use- by 1.6% and 0.5%, washing machines and dishwashers - by 1.0%, washing powders - by 1.2%, diesel fuel - by 0.2%, A95Hgasoline - by 3.6%, A98Hgasoline - by 1.6%, methane for LTC - by 0.2%, passenger air transport - %, services in restaurants and similar establishments - by 0.3%, personal hygiene products by 1.7%, and others.
There was an decrease of the following non-food goods and services; boilers - by 0.6%, air conditioning - by 0.9%, bicycles - by 1.0% , LPG – by 2.0%, TVs - by 0.5%, Flowers - by 4.2%, Cinemas and theaters - by 0.6%, Short-stay accommodations - by 1.1%, Cosmetics - by 0.2%, and others .
In April 2019, prices of medical and dental services, as well as pharmaceuticals, remained at the level of the previous month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BNB: Assets of Investment Funds in Bulgaria Show Growth in End September
- » NSSI: Average Social Security Income in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 1,081
- » Covid Crisis Prospects: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria Up by 21% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Business Received over BGN 400 Million as Pandemic Support from Economy Ministry
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides Additional BGN 80 Million for First-Line Medics
- » Jeff Bezos Announces USD 791 Million in Grants to 16 Groups Fighting Climate Change