Bulgaria Stands Ready To Manufacture Cars For Volkswagen
Economy Minister Emil Karanikolov declined to comment on the postponement of the decision by the German automotive giant Volkswagen on where they will build their new plant in the Balkans.
“Bulgaria stands ready to manufacture cars. Workers and business in Bulgaria have reached such a level as to be able to manufacture whole cars,” said Minister Karanikolov and added that it is up to any strategic investor to announce, themselves, where they will target their investments. In Minister Karanikolov’s words, the Volkswagen board of directors will come to a decision soon.
The Volkswagen management declared it was beginning negotiations on the planned new factory in Eastern Europe. Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Turkey are vying for this investment
/ According to BNR
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » Industrial Production Index Rose by 0.8% as Compared to June 2019
- » Turkey Begins Avocado Exports to Bulgaria
- » A Gas Pipeline Contract From Turkey Through Bulgaria to Serbia is Expected to be Signed on September 5
- » The Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline is 75% Complete
- » 12 Companies Want to Participate in Belene NPP Project (Updated)