President Radev Launches a Series of Meetings For the Election of a Next Chief Prosecutor
The two will discuss the criteria for choosing the next head of state prosecution and its future powers.
The term of office of the current Chief Prosecutor expires in January 2020, and the procedure for choosing his successor is open between 4 and 6 months earlier.
It involves two stages: voting in the Supreme Judicial Council by a qualified majority and agreement with the presidential institution.
Besides Sotir Tsatsarov, the head of state will also talk about the issue with a number of representatives of the judiciary and the executive, as well as various public organizations.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General