Bulgaria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Summons Turkey’s Ambassador to Sofia Hasan Ulusoy
Bulgaria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs summons today Turkey’s Ambassador to Sofia Hasan Ulusoy. The meeting is ordered by Bulgaria’s Deputy Premier and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva. Ambassador Ulusoy should explain his words on May 12 which caused tension between Bulgaria and Turkey.
During the opening of a new factory in the town of Kardzhali on May 12 Ambassador Ulusoy said that Bulgaria should encourage the study of Turkish language, in order to attract more Turkish investments.
The ambassador’s words sound disturbing, because the Bulgarian government has never hindered the free study of foreign languages and the Turkish language can be studied in this country together with English, German, French, Chinese, Romanian, Russian, Hebrew and other languages, the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced and added that such statement was not in the spirit of the development of good neighborly relations./ BNR
- » Rumen Radev Will Participate in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council
- » The Bulgarian Ambassador to the Vatican Handed his Credentials to Pope Francis
- » Herro Mustafa is the New Ambassador of the United States to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Participates in the Council for Foreign Affairs
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Will Participate in the Council for Foreign Affairs and the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg