British Are Once Again Interested In Buying Bulgarian Properties
Bulgaria returns to the top 10 of the overseas property buying sites in 2019 in the UK aplaceinthesun.com rating platform, quoted by the newspaper "Bulgarian News". Bulgaria ranked ninth place in the chart preceded by Turkey, Florida, Cyprus, Italy, Greece, Portugal, France and Spain. Barbados, also a new country on the list, ranked the tenth place.
"It may be the European Union’s poorest country but Bulgaria is rich in property opportunities. Up to 10,000 UK citizens call this Balkan nation home. Many bought during the early noughties boom years when properties could be snapped up for bargain-basement prices. Developers along the country’s 230-mile Black Sea coast and high up in its emerging ski resorts went wild, snapping up seemingly every spare acre of land to build myriad apartment blocks." That's how the article "Time for a New Look at Bulgarian Properties in 2019?" published in aplaceinthesun.com begins. At the moment there are 2434 properties available in Bulgaria.
“A small percentage of British buyers are still looking to buy properties at bargain prices or purchase houses with the intention of moving to Bulgaria permanently,” says Ben Collins of Collins Estates, which specialises in the resale market along the Black Sea coast.
- » About 40% of Households in Bulgaria Live in Overcrowded Housing
- » 100% Increase of Property Prices in Sofia in the Last 15 Years
- » Housing Prices in Sofia Froze, Growth of New Construction Purchases
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria have been Rising at the Slowest Pace in Three Years
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year
- » Housing Loans in Bulgaria with Strongest Growth from the Beginning of the Year Since 2009