5.8 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan
A 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck on Monday (Nov 13) off the east coast of northern Japan at 6.24am (Singapore time), according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), quoted by channelnewsasia.com
The quake hit 294km southeast of the city of Kamaishi at a depth of 9.5km.
USGS had initally recorded a magnitude of 6.1, but later downgraded it to 5.8.
The intensity of the quake was deemed not strong enough to cause any damage on land, The Japanese Meteorological Agency said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Rain or Snow